Ian has worked for both the public and private sectors including:
- The Australian Skills Quality Authority as a Regional Manager – Compliance
- A ten-year tenure as a Director and part owner of GlobalNet ICT Pty Ltd; and
- As an associate lecturer at the University of Tasmania.
Ian holds a number of postgraduate and vocational education and training qualifications including VET, under graduate and postgraduate qualifications in:
- Adult and Vocational Education
- Applied Computing
- Leadership and Communication
- Project Management
- Quality Auditing
- Training and Assessment
Ian is also a certified Australian Tourism Data Warehouse E-kit trainer specialising in e-commerce, social media and digital technology and is a contracted consultant to deliver business Enterprise Centre and Mentor services in Tasmania.
Ian’s Australian and Overseas experience includes many years working with businesses and government organisations in China and India.